Still struggling with my patterns!

Report bugs here
eksund

Still struggling with my patterns!

#1 Post by eksund » 19 May 2017, 10:05

Alex wrote:
I think the reason of the problem is that components J1, J2, R1 and R2 don't have attached patterns. Because of that these components don't appear in PCB Layout. You need to attach patterns to these components in Schematic. Right click on each component and select "Attached Pattern" from submenu. Select appropriate pattern from pattern library. Save schematic and try to either convert it to PCB or open the schematic in PCB Layout.

Hi

I am still struggling. I can´t se any patterns in the schematics unless I open "Objects - Place Component". According to the DipTrace Tutorial, they should be viewed at the left side in the schematic window. Se page 6 in the tutorial and you might understand what I mean.

If I right click on any component in the schematic window I only get "width >".

As you can se, I am lost on this matter with patter :-)

Tomg
Expert

Re: Still struggling with my patterns!

#2 Post by Tomg » 19 May 2017, 13:42

It sounds like the pattern box at the bottom of the Component Placement panel is not being displayed. I have been using a standard 1080p desktop display that shows the entire Component Placement panel with its pattern box. When I brought up the Schematic Editor on my laptop (1600x900 display), the pattern box was missing, even though there was plenty of vertical screen space to display it. This was tried using DipTrace versions 3.0.0.2/64-bit, 3.0.0.2/32-bit and Beta 3.1/64-bit all on a Win10/64 machine. Looks like a bug to me.
Tom

eksund

Re: Still struggling with my patterns!

#3 Post by eksund » 22 May 2017, 18:09

Yes it is depending on your resolution. If I re"scale" my MacBook screen I can se the pattern. I get very small letters but it seems to work. I don´t know at what resolution I se the pattern, because the laptop just have choices of up- or downscale the fonts.