PE library with COPY attached to it.

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
opeongo

PE library with COPY attached to it.

#1 Post by opeongo » 25 Mar 2017, 04:54

I am a newbie and have created a pattern library SMD which now has SMD Copy added to it. How do I rename the library back to what it was?

Tomg
Expert

Re: PE library with COPY attached to it.

#2 Post by Tomg » 25 Mar 2017, 06:14

opeongo wrote:"...pattern library SMD which now has SMD Copy added to it. How do I rename the library back to what it was?...
Are you trying to rename the library file, or are you trying to rename one of the patterns within that library file? If you are trying to rename a pattern just type a new name in the Name: box of the Pattern Properties dialog window. If the original pattern name is still intact (see the pattern name above it), then you have created a copy which will not affect the original. Remember, whichever name is selected/highlighted will determine which pattern is being displayed in the Design Area for modification. As long as the original is still there and all you want to do is delete the copy, then select/highlight only the name of the copy in pattern list, right-click on that name and choose "Delete Patterns" in the pop-up menu. Please be careful that no other patterns are selected as the pattern delete function is irreversible.
Attachments
copy.gif
copy.gif (55.51 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Tom

opeongo

Re: PE library with COPY attached to it.

#3 Post by opeongo » 25 Mar 2017, 07:23

Thanks for the reply. I only wanted to change the name of the library back to the original. I right clicked on the library while in PE and Name appeared. I opened it and deleted the work Copy and saved it. This fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.