Default Part Properties

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
rr1024

Default Part Properties

#1 Post by rr1024 » 12 Jan 2017, 05:22

How to add default properties to all components when making a new component and existing components.

we would like to have default properties i.e. Vendor, Vendor PN, Manufacture PN, Description and Company PN all in the same order so we don't have messed up libraries created by different engineers, each engineer creates them and of course would enter the properties in different order.

This are all standard properties of schematic parts so one can build a BOM for either Purchasing parts for proto build i.e. Vendor and Vendor PN or production with Company PH / Description and Mfg / Mfg PN.

there should be an easy way to add those values to all components in a library and to have them added automatically when creating or copying a component that doesn't have the properties into a new library.
---
Windows is a 64 bit extension to a 32 bit graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. :D

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Default Part Properties

#2 Post by Alex » 13 Jan 2017, 03:14

You can open custom component library in Component editor and select "Component->Default Additional Fields". On the new window you can create new additional fields and add them to all components in the library.

rr1024

Re: Default Part Properties

#3 Post by rr1024 » 18 Jan 2017, 05:37

Great thanks, just what I was looking for
---
Windows is a 64 bit extension to a 32 bit graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. :D