Sheet Templates

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
OldNortonBoy

Sheet Templates

#1 Post by OldNortonBoy » 12 Oct 2016, 19:39

Hi

I am absolutely brand new to DipTrace, but I have been using ggod old Protel for many years.
My question today is that I cannot seem to find a template for A4 in Landscape mode.
Is there such a thing or would I have to create my own?
Thanks
Mike
Mike

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Sheet Templates

#2 Post by Alex » 13 Oct 2016, 01:11

You can open "File->Titles and Sheet Setup" from main menu in Schematic or PCB Layout. Click on "Sheet Size" button and select A4 landscape. If necessary, go to "Title Blocks" tab and select title blocks for all corners. Do not forget to turn on "Display Sheet" and "Display Titles" on the bottom of the dialog window and press OK to close it.

OldNortonBoy

#3 Post by OldNortonBoy » 13 Oct 2016, 03:18

Hi Alex
Thanks for the quick response.
I am running Version 3.0.0.0 as a trial version.
When I select File>Titles and Sheet Setup, I get the setup page OK, however when I select Sheet Template all I get are these :-
Ansi A, Ansi B, Ansi C, Ansi D, ISO A4 (Portrait), ISO A3, ISO A2, and ISO A1. That's it, there is no A4 Landscape.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mike
Mike

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 13 Oct 2016, 08:14

Well, I think I have this figured out, so here goes...

Creating an A4 landscape-oriented border template
1) Launch the Schematic Editor and, in the Main Menu, click on File and select Titles and Sheet Setup... in the drop-down menu.
2) In the Titles and Sheet Setup dialog window select the Border and Size tab.
3) In the Sheet Template drop-down list at the top, select ISO A4 (Portrait) and then click on the [Sheet Size] button.
4) In the Orientation section of the Sheet Size dialog window, choose Landscape and then click on OK. If a sheet size warning pops up, click on OK once more.
5) In the Zone Information section of the Titles and Sheet Setup dialog window, swap the X and Y values that relate to Number of Zones.
6) Click on the [ ... ] button to the right of the Sheet Template drop-down list (near the top).
7) In the Sheet Templates dialog window click on the [+] button. A template called "New" should appear at the bottom of the list.
8) Click once on the template named "New" in the template list and replace "New" with "ISO A4 (Landscape)" in the Name: text box at the top.
9) Close the Sheet Templates dialog window by clicking on the X in its top/right corner.
10) In the Titles and Sheet Setup dialog window select the new template named "ISO A4 (Landscape)" in the Sheet Template drop-down list at the top.
11) Make sure the [x] Display Sheet option near the bottom is enabled.
12) Click on OK and, if necessary, zoom out in the Design Area to see what should be the A4 landscape-oriented page border.

I hope this works for you.

p.s. See this thread to find out about some DipTrace Title Block Editor shortcomings - http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10787
Tom

OldNortonBoy

#5 Post by OldNortonBoy » 13 Oct 2016, 08:37

Tom

Thank you so much yet again for a very quick, easy to understand, reply.
This worked first time for me. It' so easy when you know how and I love the concept of forums.
I am a member of the Crownill Proton Development Suite which uses PIC Basic and when I can, I love to help others out with questions. It's such a good feeling knowing that you have helped somebody that is in a predicament that you probably once were yourself.
My next task is to check out the link above.

Thanks again
Mike
Mike