Multiple via connection (a.k.a. via stitching)

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
envisionelec

Re: Multiple via connection (a.k.a. via stitching)

#11 Post by envisionelec » 03 May 2016, 02:35

They seem to only implement suggestions with which they have a personal agreement.

In that case, they should shut down the forums and stop leading us to believe our suggestions make a difference.
DIPTrace 2.9.0.1 Beta Full Edition
Windows 8.1 Classic Shell

Scott594

#12 Post by Scott594 » 18 Jun 2016, 19:56

This is disappointing. This is a terribly application and even plcing vias manully, I still have to deal with pages of errors as the distance check doesn't recognize negative numbers. as when the via is placed within the trace.

This thread has been here for 6 years, several versions, and it seems nothing is going to be done about this issue.

I just bought this software, I figured that after a couple of weeks with it, I just hadn't learned they tricks yet. It seems I was wrong, all the issues I'm having look to be genuine, now that I've had some time to slow down and do some homework. The copy function and viewport system seem to be real issues as well. Beginning to think I may have to bit the bullet and look elsewhere for a long term solution.

If anyone knows if there is a solution or workaround (other than setting the DRC to 0 and manually stitching (which I could live with).
I can't live with manually stitching in a few hundred vias, only to deal with hundreds of lines of errors hiding any REAL errors.

Scott

amramsey

#13 Post by amramsey » 16 Mar 2017, 14:04

With the new 3.1 underway, perhaps this request can make it into the list of things to implement? A nicer way to lay down stitching vias would be awesome.

jean_howard

#14 Post by jean_howard » 16 Mar 2017, 22:41

Right click on via and select "add to net" called "selected vias" and then you may select which net to connect them from the drop down.

amramsey

#15 Post by amramsey » 18 Mar 2017, 15:43

Yes, I found that and it works pretty well (I don't recall that from the 2.x days... maybe I just missed it back then?)... it would still be nicer to be able to define an area, a net, and an x/y offset and let Diptrace place the vias for me automatically while avoiding any non-empty areas.