DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
tongclub62

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#61 Post by tongclub62 » 24 May 2015, 17:01

I have to open the Component editor to find out what's actually inside a library.
ฮอลิเดย์ พาเลซ

DerekG

#62 Post by DerekG » 24 May 2015, 18:46

tongclub62 wrote:I have to open the Component editor to find out what's actually inside a library.
You only have to open the "Component Editor" if you wish to modify an existing part or you wish to make a new part.

If you select "View" from the "Schematic Capture" top toolbar (where you are designing your schematic), then "Toolbars" then "Components" you will be able to see the components in the dialog box on the LHS of your screen.

If the dialog box is empty it will be because you have not opened any libraries.

If this is the case, click on "Library" on the top toolbar, then "Library Setup". Now navigate to the Libraries directory. This is normally found as a sub-directory where DipTrace is saved on your computer.

Remember, when you save new library parts, start a new library & store it somewhere else, otherwise it might be overwritten when you download the next DipTrace update.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

_Cale_

#63 Post by _Cale_ » 26 May 2015, 06:54

This is a silly question. We would prefer to make our own libraries. Y'all will never be able to keep up with the demand of new parts. We need a user generated content submission system. Y'all should be coding, not making parts! There hasn't been a new release in about a year. Y'all never have the parts I need, and it doesn't take that long to make them. We still have to verify your work anyways, so we would rather just make our own, and upload them to a server. I had to completely categorize all of the parts because y'all have a sloppy naming convention, and no 3D models for the vast majority of parts. I just ended up writing a Python script that scraps Digi-key and Mousers website to extra metadata and ordering information, and downloads 3D models. It would be best for y'all to focus your time on that because your software is so awesome, but it needs more web friendly features.

DerekG

#64 Post by DerekG » 26 May 2015, 11:23

_Cale_ wrote:There hasn't been a new release in about a year.
The next release is due out in the next 2 to 3 months.
no 3D models for the vast majority of parts
Did you download the 3D library add on? (it's a large file)
I just ended up writing a Python script that scraps Digi-key and Mousers website to extra metadata and ordering information, and downloads 3D models.
If you get it to work well, perhaps talk with Alex to see if this script can be added natively into DipTrace.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

dirtyBits

#65 Post by dirtyBits » 01 Jun 2015, 20:28

everything from SparkFun
Microchip all 32bit MCU
Atmel all Arduino compatible MCU

Sensors its a MUST! Please include 3D parts for Sensors too without miss.
Humidity+temp sensors (popular ones)
Accelerometer sensors
IR sensors
Pressure sensors

basic 1 mil Straight Headers (Arduino type)...including 3D model!

..Feature is essential without miss "Tear drop pad and via"
I will be changing to Altium if I do not get this feature in next release! :evil:

tongclub62

#66 Post by tongclub62 » 02 Jun 2015, 22:36

I would like to see the Motorola common ic list in future.
gclub ผ่านเว็บ

spsmith

#67 Post by spsmith » 19 Jun 2015, 08:44

A couple features I'd request, I believe I've seen these in the past too:

1. After translating schematics from my other tools into DipTrace, I need to touch most components to update from the new DT libraries. With like components (0ohm R's, 0.1uF caps, GND symbols, etc.) I'd like to be able to select a ton and Update Component to all. This would be a huge time & wrist saver on large multipage schematics.

2. a Hotkey to scroll page-to-page (& shift-hotkey to scroll backward) would be a huge wrist saver too. Find the tabs when you want to scroll quickly through pages is slow and an effort.

Thanks - Steve

opatagio

#68 Post by opatagio » 06 Jul 2015, 21:47

Wurth Elektronik now has almost all their electronical components in 3D-files (step+vrml), why not try make patterns for these and ask permissions to use their already made 3D-files?

Silicon Labs has increased their portfolio the last years. Patterns and 3D for their sensors and radio modules?

acestu

#69 Post by acestu » 28 Jul 2015, 08:17

Hi,

Vigortronix on board power supplies would be nice such as vtx-214-003-105 , also standard Songle relays like the srd 5v

Than You
Stuart

radioman

#70 Post by radioman » 05 Aug 2015, 15:48

I have found another component in the Default Library that needs to be address.

I'm working on a project that calls for 1000 PIV 6 Amp Rectifiers with a 400 Amp IFSM. These are some hefty little dudes. I was expecting not to find a Pattern File for it. It didn't take long to locate the R-6 Pattern. The body of the component on the Pattern File measured up perfect. Likewise the lead diameter and pad hole are also good. But the hole spacing from the body of the Rectifier, 3 MM, is a Show Stopper. For most components this measurement is indeed typical but High Voltage High Current Diodes require excess lead length for cooling. Most manufactures state in their specs for the device they furnish at least 1 inch (25 mm) of lead length. The 3 mm of spacing between the body of the device and the mounting hole necessitates bending the leads at sharp right angles. This contravenes Good Practice that specifies a gentle bend. Sharp corners retard heat propagation along the lead. I devised my own work around by creating patterns with 3 different lead lengths. 5 mm, 10 mm and 15 mm. I would only consider using the 5 mm in circumstances of tight space requirements in low duty cycle applications were a smaller rectifier will not suffice. 95% of the time I will be using the 10 or 15 mm lengths.

I also noticed that there are no rectifiers in the 3 Amp 1N5400 Series listed despite having the DO-201AD Pattern in place. Both the DO-201AD and the DO-204AR have leads that are too short (4.6 mm). I created new Patterns that have leads of 7.5 mm in length. 6.0 mm to 7.5 mm is sufficient

The 1N4000 Series Rectifier and the DO-41 Pattern are fine.

Returning to the 6 Amp 1000 PIV rectifiers they were once marketed under the designation "6A10". Manufacturers and Distributors have dropped using that designation in favor of a individual designations from individual manufacturers. Vishay, for instances, uses the P600 series designation. From P600A (50 Volt PIV) to P600M(1000 PIV) It might be worth including a Component file with the 6A10 the designation as it is still widely recognized and can be substituted for lower rated devices like the 6A8 and 6A6.