Moving Components Between Libraries

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
sluggo042

Moving Components Between Libraries

#1 Post by sluggo042 » 23 Apr 2015, 17:29

I want to move a component in a Group/Library I made to another Group/Library.

In Component Editor, under the source Group and Library, I select the targeted part.

Under Component Tools, I then click on "Copy Components to Another Library".

This generates a dialog box. From the drop down list, I select the destination Group, one I've created myself, and is not one of the un-editable built in libraries. However, even though I know there are libraries within this group, they don't show up in the dialog box. If I go to the built-in groups, they have selectable libraries, but none of the groups I've created show any libraries here.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Doug G.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Moving Components Between Libraries

#2 Post by Alex » 24 Apr 2015, 02:16

If you created a group for both pattern and component libraries but the group contains pattern libraries only, you can select the group but none library suits to paste component. Please verify, what kind of libraries are in the group and make sure there is at least one component library.

sluggo042

Re: Moving Components Between Libraries

#3 Post by sluggo042 » 24 Apr 2015, 09:08

I created a group "Parts Group", with the "Components and Patterns" button selected.

The group contains two libraries:
Pressure Sensors - which contains two patterns
ICs - which has nothing in it yet.

So, yes, at this time, the group contains only patterns.

I'm trying to copy a component/pattern combination to the IC library, which is failing as I described in my earlier post.

"" . . . but none library suits to paste component." Could you please restate this? Apologies, but I'm not understanding this.