DipTrace 2.4 has been released

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

DipTrace 2.4 has been released

#1 Post by novarm44 » 20 Jun 2014, 10:21

Hi All,

We have released DipTrace 2.4 today. The list of features compared to 2.3.1 is shown here:
http://diptrace.com/diptrace-software/whats-new/

You can download it by one of regular links:
http://diptrace.com/downloads/download-diptrace/

Mac version is not ready yet and is still 2.3, we hope to release it in a few business days.

Our plans for further development have been changed a bit:
Improving (speeding up) filter and support of component categories will be delayed, but we start development of high-speed features (differential pairs, etc.). The goal is to release version with basic high-speed features at autumn. Also ODB++ export is currently in process and first preview version is ready, probably will be available in the next update together with differential pairs.

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Team

therat

Re: DipTrace 2.4 has been released

#2 Post by therat » 20 Jun 2014, 13:57

Under installed programs 2.4 is labelled "Novarm DipTrace Beta"

I suspect this is a mistake?

uschott
Expert

#3 Post by uschott » 20 Jun 2014, 15:12

What about an installation in parallel to old stable diptrace? This wasn't a problem for last beta version. But now the installer did overright my diptrace user directory file examples from v2.3.1.0 without warning and mixed them together. The installation process ignored partly my requirements to install in "diptrace24" directory. Why? It did not in the last beta and now it did it wrong. That's a bit annoying. Even in the registry were left entries with old "diptrace beta" path. I fear perhaps side effects.

Please make your installer to leave the windows user directory "diptrace" untouched when it is told to use "diptrace24" or whatever else directory!

us

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#4 Post by novarm44 » 20 Jun 2014, 20:06

Under installed programs 2.4 is labelled "Novarm DipTrace Beta"
I suspect this is a mistake?
I confirm this. It looks like when editing installer we did not change program name property in one of places (there are several ones) - I will check.
What about an installation in parallel to old stable diptrace? This wasn't a problem for last beta version. But now the installer did overright my diptrace user directory file examples from v2.3.1.0 without warning and mixed them together. The installation process ignored partly my requirements to install in "diptrace24" directory. Why? It did not in the last beta and now it did it wrong. That's a bit annoying. Even in the registry were left entries with old "diptrace beta" path. I fear perhaps side effects.

Please make your installer to leave the windows user directory "diptrace" untouched when it is told to use "diptrace24" or whatever else directory!
We did completely different settings for beta to able customer to install it separately (not with another beta though).
I will check if it is possible to customize all directories in installer, but registry settings will be kept the same for 2.3 and 2.4

uschott
Expert

#5 Post by uschott » 25 Jun 2014, 08:20

novarm44 wrote:
I will check if it is possible to customize all directories in installer, but registry settings will be kept the same for 2.3 and 2.4
Search now seems in latest build: 2.4.0.1 improved with respect to memory consumption and library setup dialog does no longer need to adjust the paths if someone like to install diptrace in different folder (but make a backup of the user folder before installation).

You're on the right way ;).

Thanks!

iamthebiker

#6 Post by iamthebiker » 30 Jun 2014, 13:02

I'm still having trouble with freeroute not working with the .dsn output files in Diptrace 2.4. The error freeroute is giving is "unable to read .dsn-file" anyone know a workaround besides the one that involves installing an earlier vision of diptrace (Diptrace 2.2) and opening the .ASCII exported file from Diptrace 2.4. Thank you!

FYI: Since you can't use the Freeroute.net website anymore I used the compiled code from
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/freer ... t-down/15/
That sleemanj posted.

-- 01 Jul 2014, 13:47 --
iamthebiker wrote:I'm still having trouble with freeroute not working with the .dsn output files in Diptrace 2.4. The error freeroute is giving is "unable to read .dsn-file" anyone know a workaround besides the one that involves installing an earlier vision of diptrace (Diptrace 2.2) and opening the .ASCII exported file from Diptrace 2.4. Thank you!

FYI: Since you can't use the Freeroute.net website anymore I used the compiled code from
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/freer ... t-down/15/
That sleemanj posted.
O I guess someone else already figured this out. But I didn't understand it until I looked at both outputs.

The workaround is change lines about 20 - 25 in the .dsn file output

Change:
(layer Top
(type mixed)
(use_net GND)
)
(layer Bottom
(type mixed)
(use_net GND)
)
(plane
(polygon Top 0 25 25 3151.62073 25 1400.64829 1775 25 1775)
)
(plane
(polygon Bottom 0 26.83333 23.16666 3153.45406 23.16666 1402.48162

1773.16666 26.83333 1773.16666)
)

TO:

(layer Top
(type signal)
(use_net GND)
)
(layer Bottom
(type signal)
(use_net GND)
)

Hopefully that helps anyone that is having the same problem. Thanks!
Last edited by iamthebiker on 24 Jul 2014, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

PedroDaGr8

#7 Post by PedroDaGr8 » 06 Jul 2014, 17:49

novarm44 wrote:Hi All,

Our plans for further development have been changed a bit:
Improving (speeding up) filter and support of component categories will be delayed, but we start development of high-speed features (differential pairs, etc.). The goal is to release version with basic high-speed features at autumn. Also ODB++ export is currently in process and first preview version is ready, probably will be available in the next update together with differential pairs.

This is GREAT to hear. I really feel that with this release, you guys the library functions are MUCH more capable. Perfect no, but capable enough to devote time elsewhere yes. Time to focus on other issues, great job on the new release guys. I absolutely love the release. The LMS used to be something to work around, now its something you can work with. It fits MUCH better in the everyday flow of things.

GSnyder

#8 Post by GSnyder » 17 Jul 2014, 15:26

zOMG, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for Add to Net -> Selected Vias... This was really nice to discover! :-)

yoko-id

#9 Post by yoko-id » 15 Sep 2014, 18:46

3d feature and component placement that I think is most emphasized in version 2.4.0.2.
for security rather neglected, only minor changes