DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
Admin

DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#1 Post by Admin » 29 Nov 2012, 21:00

DipTrace Team has the question to our users: what series of components do you want to see in standard libraries in future?
Please specify electronic type or manufacturer you need. We will consider every proposal and best ones will be added to our to-do library list. All suggestions are welcomed.

With kind regards
DipTrace Team

Sid

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#2 Post by Sid » 30 Nov 2012, 10:36

I'd like to see breakaway headers, the kind that you can use on a breadboard or a PCB.

Preferably multiple combinations of them, e.g.
1x1 1x2 1x3 .. 1x12
2x1 2x2 2x3 .. 2x12
3x1 3x2 3x3 .. 3x12
(some redundancy there - you can rotate e.g. 1x3 to get 3x1)

rick.curl
Expert

#3 Post by rick.curl » 10 Dec 2012, 04:21

More LCD and OLED displays would be nice. I use a lot of the Newhaven, Electronic Assembly, and Optrex parts.

Thanks.

-Rick

John77

#4 Post by John77 » 11 Dec 2012, 10:05

The parts I usually find myself making are PCB connectors. A nice range of HE-13/14 headers, and 3.5mm/3.81mm/5mm/5.08mm pcb terminal blocks would be nice (especially with 3d models) :)

Regards
John

poorchava

#5 Post by poorchava » 18 Dec 2012, 23:19

HU/WF type connectors.

Like those:
http://www.maritex.com.pl/en/shop/products/ggid/9222
http://store.comet.bg/Catalogue/CON/Con ... AiOiIxMCJ9
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/connect ... -pins.html
http://www.digikey.com/product-highligh ... board/1377

Those are particularly useful when connection is expected to be connected and disconnected by end user, while the polarity is critical (well, it usually is).

Also, +1 to terminal blocks and standard 0.1" headers. Headers are actually quite easy to draw on your own, but terminal blocks take more time, which designers often don't have.

bruhnstv

#6 Post by bruhnstv » 03 Jan 2013, 14:02

I suppose it's hard to keep up with all the new parts that come out. I'm using a Xilinx Artix (XC7A100) part in a design, and it would have saved me quite a bit of time if it had already been in DipTrace. It takes a while to build a part with 676 pins! That said, though, I'm thankful for the tools that are included that make it a straightforward (if tedious) job to build components like that in DipTrace.

I use a lot of Coilcraft inductors. I'd like to recommend that you include several of their parts, at least as generics (if not down to the the specific inductances in each series). Their various "DO" and "DS" power inductors used to be very common. It seems like the newer parts perform better and would thus be better to include in libraries. There are probably too many to try to do, but the LPS, MSS and SER series of parts are ones I'd personally recommend starting with.

Seems like others have connectors they'd like...again, there are so many different ones, you could end up with hundreds of different series to do! I've standardized on a couple different single-row series for power and non-critical signals: Tyco/AMP 640445 and 640389 series (various numbers of pins), and Molex 22-23-2xx1 (where xx is the number of pins). I've already built the Molex parts from 2 to 24 pins, and would be happy to contribute those (and I'm about to do the Amp series, too).
Cheers,
Tom

rick.curl
Expert

#7 Post by rick.curl » 04 Jan 2013, 03:19

bruhnstv wrote:I use a lot of Coilcraft inductors. I'd like to recommend that you include several of their parts, at least as generics (if not down to the the specific inductances in each series). Their various "DO" and "DS" power inductors used to be very common. It seems like the newer parts perform better and would thus be better to include in libraries. There are probably too many to try to do, but the LPS, MSS and SER series of parts are ones I'd personally recommend starting with.
I second the request. We use a lot of Coilcraft too.
Molex 22-23-2xx1 (where xx is the number of pins). I've already built the Molex parts from 2 to 24 pins, and would be happy to contribute those (and I'm about to do the Amp series, too).
We also use a ton of the Molex 22-23-2xx1 series and have created our own library. It would be good to have a standardized library of these connectors. One word of caution- The first time I used these connectors I got my pin numbering backwards from the way a previous board was done using another CAD system. I went to the Molex spec sheet to find out for sure which end was pin 1, and was surprised to find that the current sheet does not specify the pin 1 location. An old spec sheet shows it at the end opposite where the "1" is stamped on the mating shell. I called Molex tech support and they told me that pin 1 is wherever I decide it should be.

-Rick

bruhnstv

#8 Post by bruhnstv » 05 Jan 2013, 07:32

Thanks to Rick for the confirmation about Coilcraft and the Molex connectors, and for the note about ambiguity of pin 1!

I just posted .eli and .lib files for TE Connectivity/AMP MTA-156 headers. The specific three series I built are tin-plated with friction latches, but I suppose the same components/patterns will work with similar MTA-156 parts without the latches and/or with gold plated pins.
Cheers,
Tom

bobcad guy

#9 Post by bobcad guy » 05 Jan 2013, 14:25

Screw terminals such as Phoenix connectors and the 3D models would be great, more 3d models of every thing or the means to create your own.

Pradip

#10 Post by Pradip » 06 Jan 2013, 17:30

I would like request Diptrace to add varieties of Heatsinks including their 3D models. These are also a basic and staple part of the any of electronic PCB/assembly now a days both in THD and in SMD platform. Currently I don't find these in none of the Diptrace library and find difficulty to design them using component and pattern editor.

Thanks,
PK