Post subject: OS-X issues (1st up, mouse won't move schematic components)
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 12:42 

Just installed 2.1.0.7 Freeware on OS-X Leopard and I'm trying to work through the tutorial.

Aside from the fact that it is incredibly slow and actions like flipping a component horizontally leave the old image under the re-drawn one until you cause whole areas of the screen to be redrawn, I cannot get the mouse cursor to move components.

I hover over a component, it turns light blue. I click on it and after about *2 - 3 seconds* it turns black, highlighted with blue squares at the corners. I drag the mouse... nothing. I release the mouse, try clicking and dragging the already highlighted component... nothing. The only way to move something is with the arrow keys, one grid position at a time. And because that is so slow you have to count the grid marks first to avoid overshooting the destination position.

I would really like to know what hardware the OS-X port was tested on, because on my Mac Mini this software runs so slowly I have taken about 1.5 hours to get through a few steps of the tutorial?

Post subject: Re: OS-X issues (1st up, mouse won't move schematic componen
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2011, 08:58 
Technical Support

DipTrace works stable only with OS X Snow Leopard. We noticed some problems with earlier version.