Post subject: Printing problem
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 21:54 

seeing as theres really no appropriate place to post this, I'll ask here.

Ive started seeing "Printer Can Not Be Found" in the pcb layout program. It works fine for every other application including the schematic editor and pattern editor, just not in the pcb layout program. I've tried installing and uninstalling but it makes no difference. It used to work, just not anymore and Im wondering if there might be a corrupt cfg file or something?

Anybody got any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Printing problem
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 07:31 
Technical Support

Please open Control panels -> Printers and Scanners and change printer by default. Probably default printer is not available now, therefore you get such warning message.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 12:33 

No, I already tried this.

It works for all the other diptrace programs, just not the pcb editor.
I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and diptrace too, but it still made no difference?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers!
byt

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 08:41 
Technical Support

Please open "File/ Titles and sheet setup" from main menu in PCB Layout, click on "Print settings" button on dialog window and try to setup printer here.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 16:46 

Thanks for the suggestion,
I tried that, but each time it says "Printer cannot be found". Is there any config files that can be reset? It just seems strange that its only the PCB editor that it doesn't work for. Even after reinstalling it made no difference.

Cheers!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 08:10 
Technical Support

You can reset all DipTrace settings to default values with attached registry key. I hope this will help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 00:27 

I ran it, and it did reset the diptrace values, but It didnt fix the printing problem for some reason. Its the same as it was before, the pcb proggy is the only one that says cannot find printer, all the others still work :(

Any other suggestions?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 08:11 
Technical Support

I am not sure that this is good solution, but you can install pdf-printer and save layouts to pdf-format. Then just print it from Acrobat Reader.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 16:39 

I'm sure its a windows problem, but it doesn't really explain why it still works in all the other diptrace programs :!:
Or every other program for that matter... it worked fine for ages, then one day just stopped.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2011, 22:14 

I am having the same problem. (Windows 7 Ultimate, x64 build.) Did you ever find a solution?

-- 19 Jan 2011, 18:23 --

OK, I think I found the bug here. When the default printer in the system is "local", e.g. PDF print, a local USB printer, etc., you're fine. If your default printer is a network printer, however (like a queue on a server: e.g. "\\server\printer1" ) then the PCB layout program chokes. It'd be nice to see a fix for this.

-- 19 Jan 2011, 18:38 --

Ahh - even more to the point - the network printer was out of paper. Fixed that problem and then printing started behaving normally.