Post subject: Traces in Copper Pour, Layer stackup, & Window handling
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 12:05 

I have used your product for over a month, and I have found only two issues, one minor and one major:

Minor Issue: I have attached files showing a four layer board with the following colors
Top = red
Ground = grey
Power = dark red
Bottom = blue

That is the sequence in the Layer Setup window and in the tab on the right. When all layers are visible, The Power layer is shown on top of the Ground layer which is incorrect. Secondly, a trace in the Power layer is hidden by the Ground layer when the Ground layer is on, but shows properly with the Ground layer is turned off. Neither of these is critical, but it is frustrating not to be able to see the true layer stack up, and the missing trace is disconcerting. The images show the detailed view of the hidden trace issue.

Major Issue: The programs (most specifically the PCB layout program) do not handle Windows refresh messages properly. Quite often I have all three programs open at the same time, and I find that some activities in the other programs (like setting a pin number) will cause the PCB program to pop up as the current window/program with the user focus. It's like the PCB program is reacting to Windows redraw messages not intended for it to handle (I am also a programmer). This also happens when I am in other programs, the PCB program pops up when it shouldn't, in fact it happened while creating this topic! I often have many windows open, email, web browser, PDF files for the part spec, etc, and when the PCB program pops to the front it takes several mouse clicks to get back to the background. This can be very time consuming and frustrating when working your programs!

Other than that, I am very pleased with the performance of your programs. The Gerber exports are right on the money and accurate!

Larry Affelt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Traces in Copper Pour, Layer stackup, & Window handling
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010, 08:50 
Technical Support

Hi Larry,
For the first issue, please send the file to DipTrace support, we will check it.
Regarding the major issue, I didn't notice such problem before. We will test it more in depth.
Thank you.