Post subject: Import ASCII
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 14:19 

I just tried to import a converted Eagle PCB and hung PCB editor. The Version of Eagle I used to read and convert was 7.2. Computer: Window 10 x64 with Quadro 5000. Attached is the original eagle files, my conversion and the schematic file that did convert and import ok.
FYI:I tried to use the support link but I have to wait since I can't remember my password.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Import ASCII
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 15:22 
Expert

I tried the ASCII PCB file and it hung my PCB Layout editor, too (DipTrace v3.1.0.1). Looking at the EAGLE board file named "RS-HFIQ Rev D.brd" with a text editor shows that it was created using EAGLE v7.7, so I tried a direct import of that file (Import > EAGLE Board...). It seems to have imported okay and so far the only obvious "problem" I am seeing is the presence of a few DRC flags that need tidying up. A direct import of the EAGLE schematic file named "RS-HFIQ Rev D.sch" seems to have imported okay, also (Import > EAGLE Schematic...).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 16:22 

Attachment:
data.gif
AutoDesk bought Eagle, who'd a thought.
I found a version of 7.7 and downloaded it, I then found 8.01 and downloaded it.
There are a few users at Element14 that are not happy... Something about having to pay $500 a year or at monthly payments $780 a year. No other options for more than 4 layers.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 16:48 
Expert

Yeah. Apparently there was a rather vocal revolt by many loyal EAGLE users on EEVblog's Eagle forum a few months ago when Autodesk announced their subscription-only model. It seems like a lot of unhappy campers on that forum may have jumped ship since then for either Kicad, DipTrace or Circuit Studio. By the way, I believe v7.7 was the last of the non-subscription releases. Let's hope that Novarm remains sensible about DipTrace licensing.