Post subject: IC Pin layout changes to wrong, when you change their sides
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017, 21:51 

Hi,

Please see the attached two files and a PCB layout files (*.dip) as well. When I placed an IC at top side (from the Schematic), it is OK and shows the correct pin layout starting at 1 for both DIP or SOP (SMD) chips. However, I changed their side to Bottom, pin layout changing to wrong pin format like pin 16 becomes a 1 and vice versa, making PCB unusable. I tried this for both PDIP and SOIC patterns, error is same.

Do I missing something here or this is a bug? I am using the latest trial version of Diptrace 3.1 in Windows 10, installed successfully.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: IC Pin layout changes to wrong, when you change their si
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 05:25 
Expert

This is normal. Here's a thread that explains what is happening - http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11636

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 21:52 

Hi Tom,

I saw the thread and thanks for that. However, I haven't got the answer what should be done to avoid making PCB unusable due to s/w flipped the actual pins layout. As you know hence please note that physical layout of the component remains the same irrespective the side of the PCB you place.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 07:01 
Expert

Viewing in the Design Area is different from the actual appearance of the PCB in order to help you properly align components and easily route the board. Use the 3D Preview tool to see a real-world representation of the PCB. If you are etching the PCB yourself and need a mirror image of one of the sides, a "[X]Mirror" option is available in the Export Gerber and Preview dialog windows.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 23:46 

Hi Tom,

Thanks and I got the issue. You are right that one of the layer in double side PCB should be mirrored before printing. With this, it is no more a issue.
Appreciate your quick response.