DipTrace 3.1.01 Library issues

Report bugs here
KevinA

DipTrace 3.1.01 Library issues

#1 Post by KevinA » 30 Jun 2017, 09:03

I had to create a WS2812B device but when I opened Pattern Editor I had nothing in the User Patterns, I clicked on the Library Tool and selected Add just to find a list of library's without names "No Library File" one after another. After screwing around for awhile I got my pattern build and added it to a NEW user library then I add by file all my patterns from my C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\DipTrace31\My Libraries folder, one at a time. When I opened Component Editor and tried to click on MyLibrary in User Components I get:
The file is blocked from changes by "Kevin / Gate (6/30/2017 1:20:02PM)" Do you want to open a copy of the file?
Why? Everything is shut down but Component Editor so why is it thinking the file is read only? I checked the file, it is owned by Kevin/Gate and Everyone has WR rights.
Later: I used Library Editor to clear everything from the Component Library then added my Component library back in. Seems to have fixed the issue.

klaas

Re: DipTrace 3.1.01 Library issues

#2 Post by klaas » 03 Aug 2017, 14:00

Hi Kevin
I have had this problem a few times. It has to do with opening the editor by double-clicking. It will open two instants of the editor. Any editing is restricted as the other editor program is also open. I have solved it by just selecting the icon and press enter on the keyboard.
Maybe this should be rectified by Diptrace.
Klaas

Serg
Technical Support

#3 Post by Serg » 04 Aug 2017, 02:15

Usually the Library Group can be specifed immeditely before creating the new library.
"No Library File" means that a file moved to other directory. It is a strange bug. I cant reproduce it.
Please record the video when the problem will repeat.
klaas wrote: I have had this problem a few times. It has to do with opening the editor by double-clicking. It will open two instants of the editor. Any editing is restricted as the other editor program is also open. I have solved it by just selecting the icon and press enter on the keyboard.
Klaas
What is the OS do you use? Double-click should open only one Editor.

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 04 Aug 2017, 07:12

Serg wrote:Usually the Library Group can be specifed immeditely before creating the new library.
"No Library File" means that a file moved to other directory. It is a strange bug. I cant reproduce it.
Please record the video when the problem will repeat.
klaas wrote: I have had this problem a few times. It has to do with opening the editor by double-clicking. It will open two instants of the editor. Any editing is restricted as the other editor program is also open. I have solved it by just selecting the icon and press enter on the keyboard.
Klaas
What is the OS do you use? Double-click should open only one Editor.
I just tried it in Window 10 with my Logitech G700s mouse and a double click on the DipTrace Launcher gets two open editors, every time, 4 tries.

Tomg
Expert

#5 Post by Tomg » 04 Aug 2017, 07:42

Why are you double-clicking on the launcher? I always give it a single-click and wait for the editor to launch. (This kind of reminds me of that old Henny Youngman joke where the patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." To which the doctor replies, "Then don't do that.")
Tom

klaas

#6 Post by klaas » 04 Aug 2017, 08:32

Double clicking has become a habit of me. In windows it goes back a long time. Basically the first click selects the icon and the second one executes the run target of its properties. Microsoft has corrected this problem a long time ago. This means double clicking the shortcuts of Diptrace in All_Programs works fine but double clicking any item in the Diptrace Launcher results in multiple running programs. All it needs is a few adjustments in the programming of the Diptracer Launcher GUI.
I skip the launcher now after having copied the shortcut icons on my desktop.

--------------------
Klaas

KevinA

#7 Post by KevinA » 05 Aug 2017, 03:59

The issues with the launcher is no feedback after an action: When you do something (Double Click, Click, Mouse-Over),usually there is a response, Busy ICON or system noise to let the user know their last action is being processed, no more actions needed. Not so much with the launcher, a single Click produces nothing as the application is launched, a double click gives the same results.
I always give it a single-click and wait for the editor to launch.
I've learned that lesson the hard way, perhaps changing the mouse pointer to a spinning busy ICON before starting the application?

Tomg
Expert

#8 Post by Tomg » 05 Aug 2017, 04:31

Perhaps the selection areas should be animated buttons/widgets that, when "pressed" (clicked on), stay "pressed" to prevent and ignore further action until the selected editor appears.
Tom