Post subject: Version 3.1.0.1 observations
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 11:03 
Expert

Bugs fixed in v3.1.0.1
1) Pattern Editor Zoom Extents tool no longer ignores dimensions.
2) PCB Layout editor Zoom Extents tool no longer ignores component markings, dimension text and circular PCB outlines.
3) Pattern Editor no longer ignores PCB Layout editor Route Keepout color change.
4) PCB Layout editor neck-down no longer fails when routing from component pin to unconnected end of same-net trace.
5) Schematic Editor's Replace Part tool no longer erroneously clears Manufacturer and Datasheet fields.
6) Schematic Editor Zoom Extents tool no longer ignores pins and component markings.
7) Now able to eliminate meander completely when trace is off the grid without having to switch off grid.

Bugs carried over from v3.1
1) Still unable to get the PCB Layout editor DXF Import tool Convert to: Pads setting to work. Perhaps it's something I'm doing incorrectly? Would it be possible for you to show your import settings and include an example file, or maybe show a video of this function and how it works?
2) The grid size entry box at the top of screen accepts and displays values too small for Diptrace to process. For example: enter a grid size of 0.001mm, select a component and move it by pressing an arrow key once and watch the component's coordinates change by 0.003mm.
3) The distance between a BGA pad edge and its fanout-via edge still does not match the setting.
4) The layer viewing order still seems incorrect to me. Notice how the inner layer order does not follow the expected sequence.

I don't want to sound ungrateful for all of the hard work you have been putting into DipTrace as it has come a long way in the last few years and is much appreciated. I just hope that you consider the observations above as useful for uncovering and fixing a few problems. Thanks again for all of the time and effort you have invested in making Diptrace a significantly improved PCB design tool.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.