EInOutError 4350

Report bugs here
Whyrly

EInOutError 4350

#1 Post by Whyrly » 07 Jun 2017, 17:57

I just upgraded to the recent release of Diptrace and now I can't run it and I can roll back to 2.4?!?!?!?!

I installed the update when I was at home connected to my server, now I'm on the road with my laptop and Diptrace will not open.
Or at least it's not opening correctly.

I have uninstalled 3.1, reinstalled 2.4 and it just crashes before opening.
I uninstalled 2.4 and now 3.1 won't open.

I thought it was a problem only with the schematic.exe, but now after a reinstall and reboot, I'm getting that error with PCB too.
Pattern and component exe's both crash in different ways.
Pattern editor crashes within windows (windows shuts it down).

I thought it was working properly when connected to the server at home, but I can't check it now...
I'm working on debuging a problem with a friend and now we can't do anything.....

Where do I turn for help with this?

Regards,
S

UPDATE:
It seems that I can open any one of the programs 1 time right after loggin in, but then none of the others and not again for the same one.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: EInOutError 4350

#2 Post by Alex » 07 Jun 2017, 21:37

Please make sure antivirus does not block DipTrace exe files and doesn't run them in sandbox. Otherwise add exe files to exception list in antivirus setup.
You have to install and first start DipTrace programs from admin account. Further times you can start DipTrace programs from regular user account. If you installed DipTrace from regular user, reinstall the software from admin account.
If nothing helps please let me know operation system on your machine. Do you have language pack on the Windows?

Whyrly

Re: EInOutError 4350

#3 Post by Whyrly » 03 Jul 2017, 19:47

to follow up - this error is specific to not being connected to the domain network, but I can't isolate why it is happening.
Since I don't have any up coming trips where I need to use Diptrace away from the domain, I have not followed up on this problem (other than to know it's happening reliably).

Regards,
Sepp