Post subject: Copper pour reconnect to another bug
PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 09:51 

I have notice several times that the "Top" and "Bottom" of the "Copper pour" have change the net of "Copper pour properties"/"Connectivity"/"Connected to Net" from one net to another. Earlier I solve the problem by changing it back to the correct net.
This time I miss to check this, so I have order 40 pcs 4 layer PCB-board where the top and bottom copper pour are connected to wrong net :-(
The copper pour should be connected to GND net, but are instead connected to +3,3V net, so these boards are instabile and useless :-(
The strange thing is the net has only been changed for top and bottom layer, but not for inner layer 1 and 2.
It's also strange that BOTH top and bottom layer has change net at the same time.

I'm just guessing, but I believe this faults(bug) occurs when I work with the "Panelization" and configure the V-cut lines.

So, I lost $2000 for these useless 40 pcs PCB-boards :-(

-Ver 2.4.0.2 Extended Edition
- Win10 64 bits

Post subject: Re: Copper pour reconnect to another bug
PostPosted: 26 May 2017, 07:10 
Technical Support

I think the panelization can't reconnect copper pours to different net. This could happen while renewing board from schematic. We have fixed/improved renewing board from schematic in the latest version so that copper pours and vias don't jump to different net. We can offer you the upgrade to DipTrace Full edition 3.x for free, please contact to sales at diptrace dot com.

Post subject: Re: Copper pour reconnect to another bug
PostPosted: 29 May 2017, 19:03 

I have notice these copper pour problems occurs when I am almost are finished of my PCB layout design.
Thanks for your generosity of a free upgrade :-)