Post subject: File save/open dialog not working running DT in Linux
PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 17:01 

Hi

I am currently evaluating several eCAD sw. Important to me is Linux support and I found your SW interesting. I have tested it a bit running plain Windows and decided to test it on Ubuntu using Crossover (wine's big brother) version "CrossOver Linux 16.1.0" for 64 bit systems.

First I downloaded the 64bit version of diptrace 3.0.0.2 to play around with.

I installed the SW into a wine7/64bit bottle and DT started just fine and looked smooth and responded promptly to my commands. I created a small schematic with just a few components and tried to save. The File Save dialog opened and I was able to open existing folders but I could not save a file nor create new folders. The program was stuck in the file save dialogue, it was not possible to close the dialog not even by using the "X" button. It was also impossible to navigate up a folder level, just down a folder level. To close DT I had to kill crossover session from command line (i.e. the processes launcher.exe, explorer.exe. schematic.exe and so on) or shutdown the bottle from crossover. When I restarted DT it worked smoothly as before until I tried the File Open function. The file open dialog behaved the same way as the File Save dialog. The sw is not dead, I can still resize and move the dialog window but not select or save any files or close the dialog box.

Attached is a log for one session where I try to open a file. The log is pretty heavy so it is zipped. text only.

I then tried to install using a WinXP/64bit bottle but with no change in behaviour.

Finally I tried the Win10/64bit bottle but here I got the following message.: "Diptrace x64 (3.0) is not allowed to run on WinNTx (10.0). Setup Aborted"

I have not tested 32bit arch.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: File save/open dialog not working running DT in Linux
PostPosted: 04 May 2017, 07:29 
Technical Support

Please make sure you have permission to save files where you want to save. Try to save files within wine bottle folder.

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 13:29 

Hm.. I highly doubt that file permissions has anything to do with the problems found when closing a dialog box or navigating trough the folder structure. But for the records, yes I know that all necessary permissions are set and the default save path is within the bottle.

Remember, I also see similar problem when opening a file, for example an example-project from within the bottle folder structure.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 07:55 
Technical Support

Please try to install 32-bit version of DipTrace with Crossover compatibility mode to Windows 7 32-bit.
Also notice, we have not tested installing DipTrace for Linux systems with Crossover. We recommend to use stable 32-bit version of Wine and 32-bit version of DipTrace.