Post subject: Can´t open saved schematics in layout
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 01:25 

Well, first off all, I am new to this program, so there might be an error in my use of it.

I use a MAC with OSX 10.11.6

But I don´t think so. Here is the problem:

I have saved a very simple schematic to my "desktop" and then opened it in the layout.
That worked fine, but with a few errors so that the board contained only two out of five coponents.

Then I created a more complex schematic with 8 components and saved it to "desktop" under a different name.
When I try to open the new schematic in layout, it will not do that. Instead the layout is opening the first
simple file with the errors. I then closed the program and reopened both saved files in schematic, worked fine.
But in Layout it only open the first simple schematic even if I choose the second one.
Next step was to delete all files and resave my second schematic with a new name. But when I open the new and
only existing file in layout - it still open the first very simple file with errors in it. That file don´t even exist in my
computer!?!

Do I make a stupid fault when using the program or is it some sort of bug?

Post subject: Re: Can´t open saved schematics in layout
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 09:08 
Technical Support

Please open schematic file in Schematic program and execute File->Convert to PCB. Save PCB file. Close and open the file in PCB Layout. It should work, please let me know if it doesn't.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017, 13:02 

Alex wrote:
Please open schematic file in Schematic program and execute File->Convert to PCB. Save PCB file. Close and open the file in PCB Layout. It should work, please let me know if it doesn't.

I does not work. When I execute "Convert to PCB" it open my first test schematic despite it not even exist on the computer.
I have also reinstalled the application. Still nor working. It seems that there is some hidden file (erorfile) some where.

Last edited by eksund on 19 Apr 2017, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 03:26 
Technical Support

I think the reason of the problem is that components J1, J2, R1 and R2 don't have attached patterns. Because of that these components don't appear in PCB Layout. You need to attach patterns to these components in Schematic. Right click on each component and select "Attached Pattern" from submenu. Select appropriate pattern from pattern library. Save schematic and try to either convert it to PCB or open the schematic in PCB Layout.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 05:12 

Aha! I blame my poor english reading.

I´ll give it another try.

Thank You

-- 19 May 2017, 23:03 --

Alex wrote:
I think the reason of the problem is that components J1, J2, R1 and R2 don't have attached patterns. Because of that these components don't appear in PCB Layout. You need to attach patterns to these components in Schematic. Right click on each component and select "Attached Pattern" from submenu. Select appropriate pattern from pattern library. Save schematic and try to either convert it to PCB or open the schematic in PCB Layout.

Hi

I am still struggling. I can´t se any patterns in the schematics unless I open "Objects - Place Component". According to the DipTrace Tutorial, they should be viewed at the left side in the schematic window. Se page 6 in the tutorial and you might understand what I mean.

If I right click on any component in the schematic window I only get "width >".

As you can se, I am lost on this matter with patter :-)