Post subject: PCB Layout Can't Open Network Files
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017, 17:16 

Hello,

It appears after upgrading to 3.0.X we can no longer open files that are on our network share drives. The open dialogue does not show the drive shares, dragging and dropping does not work, try to force the location to the program has it claiming that the location does not exist( It does ).

I have a workaround for this currently being used, however I it should not be needed. Is this a known bug or an isolated incident with our software.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: PCB Layout Can't Open Network Files
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 03:16 

I think Diptrace 3.0.X have some other alternative option to open files from network share drives and this is not a bug. I hope soon will get a solution from the Technical supporter.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 08:39 
Technical Support

Hi Bryon,
Please make sure you have permissions to open files you try to open on a network drive. Also make sure you have permission to write files on the network drive too. When you open any file in DipTrace the software writes hidden file that prevents another user to open the same file at the same time.
If permissions are OK please let me know DipTrace version (build and 32/64 bit version) and operation system on your machine (version and build).

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 12:08 

Permissions are all fine.

Version: 3.0.0.2 x64

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 07:27 
Technical Support

To make sure files are not damaged and you have permissions to open the files, could you copy the files from network to local drive and open DipTrace files.
Could you try to reinstall DipTrace 32-bit instead 64-bit version. Also some information about your network storage may be useful for reproducing the issue. I mean hardware and software configuration. Can you start DipTrace on other machine in your local network and try to open files from network storage.