Post subject: Place Picture reversed and upside down
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 17:49 

I was documenting some wiring when I discovered I could place a picture in a schematic so I did:
Attachment:
rev-image.jpg

I couldn't find Place Picture in the Help.... nor could I figure out how to get this jpg image correctly placed into schematic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Place Picture reversed and upside down
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 18:55 

I downloaded your image and placed it into a schematic. It looked as expected (not reversed).
The only way I found to reverse it was to select properties and switch the X values for the corners. That gave me a reverse reading image like the one in your post. I'm not sure why you're seeing it reversed when it's inserted but maybe you could try switching the X values to set it right.

As an aside, you've also probably discovered by now that DipTrace doesn't honor the original aspect ratio of the image. You will have to play with the drag handles or modify the X,Y coordinates in Properties to straighten out the aspect ratio.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 19:12 
Expert

I was able to duplicate the inverted image by sweeping the Place Picture box from lower-left to upper-right. Next time just sweep it from upper-left to lower-right.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 20:07 

Tomg wrote:
I was able to duplicate the inverted image by sweeping the Place Picture box from lower-left to upper-right. Next time just sweep it from upper-left to lower-right.

I hope this tid-bit makes it into the Help document right after the Place Picture command!
Thanks again Tom