Post subject: Copper pour problems
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 16:01 

Hello,

I have been working with DipTrace for long time. One of things, that keep annoying me, are copper pours. Most importantly, two bugs should be noticed:

1) Pour priority settings are working only partially. When a new pour is made, the program is supposed to avoid collisions with existing pours. In fact it takes into account not the actual pours, but the whole polygons made by user.

This can be circuumvented by drawing pours and their boundaries manually, but it is time consuming, especially on complicated boards.

2) Pour clearances seem to ignore class-to-class settings. They only use class default clearances.

Post subject: Re: Copper pour problems
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 05:14 

I am also using Diptrace from many years and I especially found the printing issue many times. The copper pours printout with lines in them.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017, 03:35 
Technical Support

1. Pour priority seems to work good. When you create new copper pour you need to update all copper pours to see final result.
2. Copper pour doesn't use clearance details from net classes and class-to-class rules. We will try to improve this in future.

In regards to copper pour printing, copper pours consist of many lines. Try to check printer settings if you have gaps between lines.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 13:29 

Dear Alex,

I disagree. See attached example. Highlighted pour has priority=1 while the other one has priority=2

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 07:42 
Technical Support

Pour priority determines pouring order. The copper pour with lower priority is pouring earlier than copper pour with higher priority, priority function works correctly.
The reason of DRC errors is not clear from the screen shoot. Could you send board file on the forum or support at diptrace dot com?