Post subject: BOM bug?
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 13:10 

Learning how to drive the BOM reports but I can't get Datasheet to appear on the pick list. The help shows url which isn't in the default pick but the extra fields I added show up just no Datasheet column. Since you have a total count of parts is there a means to flag a column for price and have you total it?

Post subject: Re: BOM bug?
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 07:54 
Technical Support

The datasheet field can't be added to BOM. We thought it is not necessary therefore we didn't add the field to the list. We will consider adding the field in future. In the meantime you can can copy the datasheet link to an additional field and include the field to BOM.
If you want to multiply price and count you can export BOM to *.csv format, open the file in Excel or similar program and use its features to multiply and sum.

Post subject: Re: BOM bug?
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016, 21:21 

I use the Datasheet column export for Open Source projects, saves time. I think I remember a way to insert a column into all schematic objects. The total cost is dynamic, I've yet to estimate what I'll spend and get it right since once I import, Part#, Quantity to Digikey and adjust the Quantity from 2 to 100 on 0402 resistors/caps the pricing changes, I'll be dropping my 'cost' column in the future.