Post subject: Copper Pour layer viewing order bug
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016, 12:55 
Expert

When the Layer Display Mode is set to either "Contrast" or "All Layers", and the Top layer is selected (press hotkey 1), the copper pour in layer 3 is given visual priority over the copper pour in layer 2, which seems like a bug to me. This doesn't appear to happen with traces; only pours. See this thread - http://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11272

I have created two basic PCB examples (see attached files) that demonstrate this behavior when cycling through layer hotkeys 1, 2, 3 and 4. On both PCBs, all layers have traces routed to form their respective layer numbers. The Top and Bottom layers do not have any copper pours. The two inner layers have full-coverage copper pours. On the PCB named "SPPS.dip", the Layer Type for the Top and Bottom layers is set to Signal. For both of the inner layers it is set to Plane. On the PCB named "SSSS.dip", the Layer Type for all layers is set to Signal. This unusual behavior of the layer viewing order for copper pours is the same for both PCBs...

-- 24 Oct 2016, 13:28 --

It looks like I was wrong about the copper trace viewing order. It's messed up, too. Take a look at the attached example PCB file named "layer view stack-up.dip". Load it up, press layer hotkey "1" and look at the unexpected layer view stack-up order. The numbers are made up of routed traces..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Copper Pour layer viewing order bug
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 02:38 
Technical Support

Hi Tom. Thank you for the research. We will fix layer viewing order in future versions.