Post subject: PCB Creator error: File Unpacking Exception
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2016, 16:21 

I don't know if this has been brought up before but in the PCB Creator software it will produce the error "File unpacking exception" whenever there is a bus in the schematic. When I take the bus out then no problem. I tested it on a new schematic file with nothing in it except for the bus and same result.

Of course, I'm sure that this is BAC's way of quietly encouraging you to buy a copy of diptrace as opposed to just using their freeware. :D

Post subject: Re: PCB Creator error: File Unpacking Exception
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 07:32 
Technical Support

The file unpacking exception may appear if you open corrupted file or if the file was created in newer (different) program. The error shouldn't appear if you add a bus.
Please try to reinstall PCBCreator, I think it may help.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2016, 07:44 

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.

Actually, I did download the latest software and installed it on two different machines, one with win7 and one win10, and the same problem showed up. On both I would even go so far as to start a blank schematic, put in only a bus, and then have it convert to pcb and both times it had the same issue. It didn't matter if there were components there or not. Very curious.

Of course, on small circuits a bus isn't really necessary but it sure helps to make it easier to read.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 09:02 
Technical Support

Indeed, PCB Creator shows the file unpacking exceptions and lose nets if schematic has a bus.
New version of PCB Creator will be released in future. We will fix this bug in the new version. Thank you for the report.