Post subject: Re: exported dsn file can't be opened in freerouter
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015, 02:11 

You are indeed very late to the discussion. I have spoken to Alex he has looked at my board. The long and the short of it is that traces a small company which does not have the time to fully develop the tools it offers. As I said in my last post I eventually managed something but it was very difficult.

It is entirely possible to put copper pours onto a board and then run the auto route for the auto route up to then crash straight into these. This is despite the copper pours being connected to a specific net.

My board was not that complicated, and even as a so-called professional I do not have the money to access the more expensive tools. Eagle looks very complicated to me and I will not touch it, Altium is £5000 and of there are no lesser options and I certainly don't have the money to spend as a self-employed start-up and neither does my employer as we do not do that much electronics.

The auto route seems to have been set up to run very quickly to impress people. I am yet to route another board but I'm hoping I can tweak the settings somewhat. But looking at the results they are pretty poor, I see lack of flexibility and some silly rules in the auto route. For example if I want a track to connect to the pad of a transistor it will only do it on one particular side of the pad which means it will route around the pad until it finds the right side adding track length instead of just connecting to the closest side which is what the other also route up with. 45° tracks are very desirable they cut down track length and they just look better and more professional. The results from the dip trace auto route just look amateurish.

Post subject: exported dsn file can't be opened in freerouter
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 10:04 

The use autorouting is more difficult, because have to much rules, you need put setting, and depending the circuit is better manual route, if you don't put correct rules get stay hours and hours routing and a make shit route. Do not be lazy and trace in the hand.

Post subject: Re: exported dsn file can't be opened in freerouter
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 13:29 

Try proteus, yes hand routing is neccesary but much work can be done by autorouter.