Post subject: command-line image export for RCS
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2016, 13:54 

I'd like to diff revisions of my schematics and PCBs from a RCS like perforce or SVN. My thinking was to run a command on each dch or dip to generate monochrome images, then use an image diffing tool to highlight the changes. I could work with almost any sheet behavior, such as include all sheets in one large image, generate an image per sheet, or operate on whichever sheet is specified on the command-line. Same for layers. For the best results, the images would have to line up as much as possible, so be at the same scale and offset. I'd be ok driving that via command-line; I could make a config file for each project that tells my diff tool how to run.

Something like was done with gEDA: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2011/im ... ual-diffs/

Post subject: Re: command-line image export for RCS
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2016, 00:10 

+1. A command line way to generate exports would not only enable visual diffs for versions, but would also make it easier to automate the creation of file packages (say, gerbers + drill + STEP) to send out. Right now it is a manual process to generate each file type separately with lots of repetitive clicking and opportunities to make a mistake or skip a step.