Post subject: highlight net
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 21:34 

When routing a board - via a right click, just make the whole net flash in some bright colour. I have seen this in other programs. Makes it a lot easier to figure out what you are doing. Maybe it exists already, but I don't know? thanks Alex!

Post subject: Re: highlight net
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2015, 11:47 
Expert

Just in case you did not notice, DipTrace does highlight an entire Net with a different color when you mouse over a trace; but, it does not flash. You could choose a different color that might better catch your attention by doing the following...

1) In the main menu select View and then, in the drop-down menu, select Colors...
2) In the Colors dialog window, choose the Program Colors tab and click on the color box for Trace Highlight.
3) In the Color pop-up window, choose a new color and select OK.
4) Back in the Colors dialog window, select OK.

p.s. When mousing over a pad or Via, DipTrace highlights all pads and Vias connected to the same Net, but not the Net's trace. Adding a user-selected option to force the highlighting of the Net's trace at the same time would be helpful.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2016, 13:01 

I will add this... when selecting a NET from the NET list window the trace is highlighted. However, if you try to scroll up/down/left/right to follow the trace when you had magnified a part of your board. The highlighting dissapear. So when you try to follow the trace it becomes a bit frustrating to lose the highlight and reclick on the NET name in the list to make it highlighted again. f

Its not a big deal when there is a lot of space between trace you can clearly see the trace associated with the NET. But on denser board it becomes quickly frustrating.

I would suggest that the highlight stay enabled when selecting a NET from the list and scrolling to follow the trace or a way to lock the highlighting on that net using a keypress.

Last edited by SoundMod on 21 Nov 2016, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 07:11 
Expert

SoundMod wrote:
"...I would suggest that the highlight stay enabled when selecting a NET from the list and scrolling to follow the trace..."

+1

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 12:32 

Yeah +10 on this !

I would also suggest to add an option that allow user to enable/disable the ''keep highlight net while scrolling'' feature.
So, when disable its the current highlighting behavior and when enable you should deselect the net from the list to remove
highlighting from the net.