Post subject: GitHub or other Cloud integration for Libraries
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 18:51 

This would be a really nice feature to include. It was brought up over at eevblog by a member named Royce. Here is his post :
Quote:
I'd like to see a github library integration or some other type of cloud/collaboration library. Diptrace is known for its ease of making libraries, but it would still be nice to have a clean way to share libraries on an on-going basis.

I hope that it wouldn't be too difficult to implement and would add a LOT of functionality.

Post subject: Re: GitHub or other Cloud integration for Libraries
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 19:28 

PedroDaGr8 wrote:
This would be a really nice feature to include. It was brought up over at eevblog by a member
I hope that it wouldn't be too difficult to implement and would add a LOT of functionality.

Yes, this would be great. It needs to include a search function, both under the component's name (as listed by the manufacturer) plus also (say) the Digikey part number.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 12:37 

+1

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 08:25 

Cloud sharing is almost there -- just one minor change is needed.
We currently share a set a libraries on a server. Unfortunately, editing a library while sharing creates a back-up file.
Perhaps the back-up file could be placed elsewhere so it doesn't get picked up and report an error when others open a schematic or PCB.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2017, 00:45 

DerekG wrote:
PedroDaGr8 wrote:
This would be a really nice feature to include. It was brought up over at eevblog by a member

Yes, this would be great. It needs to include a search function, both under the component's name (as listed by the manufacturer) plus also (say) the Digikey part number.

Never, ever use the distributors number; Had parts list with Farnell part numbers, out of 300 parts 20% were wrong after crossing them to other vendors, the man hours wasted cleaning up that BOM was outrageous at best. Take the Manufactures part number to: https://octopart.com/ and get a 'many' distributor quote, Mouser, Digikey, Avnet, Arrow, Newark, Onlinecomponents, Master Electronics.

If you start embedding distributor part numbers where would you stop?