Post subject: RE: Pattern Editor
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 04:45 

Hi Gang

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to design a pattern for a SMA Straight Square Flange Plug Receptacle. If I choose the following from Pad Properties I get close. The only fly in the ointment is that I get the same large pad on both sides of the PCB.

Type: Through-Hole
Shape: Rectangle

If I choose the following from Pad Properties the pad is only on one side of the PCB but I don't have the required hole.

Type: Surface
Shape: Rectangle

What I'm hoping to achieve is a pad that I can solder the aforementioned component to and connect it to a copper pour on the opposite side of the PCB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jase :)

Post subject: Re: RE: Pattern Editor
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2016, 05:25 
Expert

This connector is designed for mounting its flange to a chassis with the only direct PCB connection being the 0.30 mm bare center conductor (use a through-hole pad with a hole size of 0.45 mm ~ 0.50 mm). If you need to eliminate the through-hole pad ring on the non-trace side, then right-click on the pad and choose Hide Pad Ring in Layer in the pop-up menu (available only in the PCB Layout editor).

If you need the entire connector to be mounted to the PCB, use one with a different mounting style as shown here - http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/RF-Interconnects/RF-Connectors-Coaxial-Connectors/_/N-89mcy?P=1yx6xqnZ1z0xbnf

Post subject: Re: RE: Pattern Editor
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 01:03 

Hi Tomg

Sorry for the very late reply. I will give your suggestion a go. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Jase :)