Post subject: Library not shown
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 05:32 

I have a library called "My Component Library" in the "User Components" group. I have been using it without problems, but today this library is not in the list of "User Components" group. When I try to add "My Component Library" from file, I get a message saying that the selected library is already included.

In "Library Setup" I notice that the "Net Ports" library is pointing to the file location of "My Component Library", however the "Net Ports" library just has net ports as expected and none of the components that I created.

Can someone please help me fix this.

-- 05 Apr 2016, 08:51 --

I found out what happened, but I would still appreciate an explanation. I noticed that the "Net Ports" file and "My Component Library" file were the same size. Also when I changed the file name of "My Component Library" and added it, it got added as "Net Ports (copy)". It seems that somehow the contents of the "Net Ports" file were written to the "My Component Library" file.

I use Dropbox and thankfully it keeps previous versions of files. I found the version just before the file size changed and replaced the existing "My Component Library" file with the old version. I then removed the "Net Ports" library from the "User Components" group and added "My Component Library" to this group. This fixed the problem and thankfully all the components that I made were still there.

So the contents of the "Net Ports" library which is in the "Components" group got copied to the "My Component Library" in the "User Components" group. Also the name of the "My Component Library" was displayed as "Net Ports" in the "User Components" group.

The fact that this happened reduces my confidence in this package. Could someone please explain how this could have happened?

Post subject: Re: Library not shown
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 11:28 
Expert

What is the actual name of the library file? The "Name" part of the Name and Hint of "[name]" Library is not necessarily the actual filename. Could this have added to the confusion? Also, DipTrace has been designed to not display duplicate library names, which has the possibility of being another "trap" when setting up libraries.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 11:47 

The name of the library is "My Component Library" and the name of it's file is "My Component Library.eli"

I want to point out that everything was working until for some reason the contents of _net_ports.eli was copied to My Component Library.eli

Looking at the history in Dropbox of "My Component Library.eli" I noticed that the size changed from 112KB to 39KB at one point. It was here that the contents of the file was overwritten. So I had a file called "My Component Library.eli" but the name of this library was shown as "Net Ports".

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 07:02 

You can try to uninstall your existing Diptrace version and download new Diptrace version.
http://diptrace.com/download-diptrace/