Post subject: Microchip Library out of date
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 20:18 

I can't seem to find any of the PIC chips in the dip trace library. It seems as though many are missing. For example I find the chip PIC16F18313 (one of their current production chips) on the microchip website but it doesn't appear in the diptrace library. PIC16F1503 Is another. In fact, looking through I cannot find any chips in diptrace. Am I doing this wrong? Is dip trace out of date? Or do I just need to make my own patterns?

Post subject: Re: Microchip Library out of date
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2016, 19:02 
Expert

New install? You have to load the libraries you want. View the tutorial and help file.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2016, 19:38 

Kind of new install. I don't remember installing libraries but I do have a large number and the microchip library is there... I did the install about a year ago though, maybe longer. I can see other pic chips and their RF chips etc. Is there a more comprehensive library? Or can I get an update somewhere?

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 16:44 

Hi Ed,
I just got this tool a week or so ago and I think the easiest thing to do is to create a new library for your specific device.
It's very easy especially because the odds are high that the part you want has a pattern in the library already. All you have to
do is go into the component editor and draw out or start with a similar symbol to the one you want created and edit it.
10 minutes of work tops and you'll have the part you need.
By the way, are designing over at Chamberlain in Elmhurst? Or is that your last name? :)