Post subject: The New Library Management System SUCKS!!!
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 20:51 

The subject line says it all...
When I create a new user component it seems that I can't save it in the project library under any name but "library".
Once saved as "library" it is impossible to rename it, unless I'm missing something obvious. The net result is that I have a bunch of components in the project library saved as "library".
It was a great idea to redo the library structure so that it is not possible to save user components in the standard libraries. It's my understanding that this was done to prevent custom components from being removed or lost when doing a library update. Kudos!! I've encountered that problem on previous versions. But the new custom component manager is about as counter intuitive as it gets.
I would hope the nice folks at Diptrace take a look at the new library management utilities and do serious rewrite to make it a whole bunch more user friendly.
If I've suddenly gone stupid or there is something I'm missing here- feel free to flame me until your little hearts are content!

Post subject: Re: The New Library Management System SUCKS!!!
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 09:42 
Technical Support

Hello,

You can type any library name while creating a new library. It is available in the "Create New Library" window / "Name" field.
If you want to change a library Name you need to open the "Library Tools" / "Name and Hint" menu and type a new name.
Changing a Name is possible in Component and Pattern Editors only.

Serg Luts
DipTrace Team