Post subject: through hole polygon pad
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 11:15 

Hi I have a need to create a pad that will allow a 4.8mm spade connector to mount though hole on a PCB, ie the hole needs to be 0.9 x 5mm to allow the terminal through the PCB. I created a polygon pad on the bottam layer (for the pad) and a square in the board cutout layer for the hole. In PCB layout in the 3D preview this looks fine and I can see everything in the gerber file but when I look at the NC drill file the cutouts do not appear which I think is because the NC file only takes data for the top and bottom layers. Should they appear in the nc file? Is there a tutorial (I can't find at the moment) on how to make polygon though hole pads and affect all the correct layer?

Post subject: Re: through hole polygon pad
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 01:54 
Technical Support

Board cutouts are not exported to nc drill file. They are included to board outline gerber file. PCB manufacturer can see the hole and decides how to make it. But it's impossible to specify plated or non-plated hole should be. If you need plated hole I would suggest to create the pad with oval hole. Board cutout is not necessary in that case.