We have fixed the issue (it was bug in the program related to using net classes in grid router) and it will be ok in the next build. I would also recommend to use ShapeRouter instead - btw it routes your board almost 100% (except one rule violation where trace width+clearance is bigger than pad pitch).
Hi! I'm glad you've fixed the bug (I hate bugs!!! i'm also a hobbyst x86/x64 VB/C/ASM and PIC programmer, so bugs are on my table for breakfast, lunch and dinner...).
If is possible, can you send me the routed file you've made, so i can see if my results are the same (and i can know if i'm able enuogh to use in a correct manner the shaperouter)?
Thanks in advance.
p.s.: i think i could have found another bug.
Under some circumstances (but i don't know what...), saving the DCH file with "Save As" from menu in Diptrace Schematic does not save correctly the files, but creates a little (4-5 kbytes..?) empty design file (or with a single component).
I'm attaching two files, the original one and the one generated by "Save As".
I've some little requests for new versions of this wonderful program (i hope to be not off topic posting here, but i've posted them in another section without reply):
1) in Schematic/PCB, adding the ability to customize icons in the top bar (New, Open, Save... etc..) to allow inclusion or exclusion of functions and building of customizable bars (like in Microsoft Word, for example);
2) in Schematic/PCB, adding the ability to resize the bar with Library names (it's only 1/2 screen wide, so i must scroll left and right very often);
3) in Schematic, adding the ability to switch pattern preview windows, to allow showing the pattern of component selected in the current library, OR the pattern of the component selected in the current schematic;
4) in PCB, improving if possible the single-layer-with-jumper routing: it's so difficult for an hobbyst to make double-layer circuits, so if you can improve the ability of the program to resolve circuits, it would be surely very appreciated from many and many users.
For example, inserting a function like an "automoving-autorouter-optimize net", trying to move and rotate not locked components and reoptimize net, all on-the-fly, to attempt resolving connections problems: i know it could be a very heavy task for CPU, but modern PC are so full of elaboration power and RAM, so, either if this task could last in many minutes (or hours..), it will be a very interesting feature and it will be worth waiting for program to complete the task.
5) in schematic/PCB, adding the function to place near two components automatically, to have(for example) a microprocessor and his companion decoupling .1uF capacitor (connected to Vdd and Vss) with the capacitor auto-placed in the PCB to the nearest position from the micro.
6) in schematic/PCB, adding the function to "group" some components: for example, i'm designing a board with 3 sections, a microprocessor section (high freq), a high power section and a 220 VAC sections (with triacs and MOCs), and it will be interesting to tell to PCB to autoplace all the components of each section nearly, but separated from the other two sections, and to move/separate them with the manual placement.
7) adding a new function to right mouse click to have a "Shortcut" for connection manager-create new net, so i can click onto a wire and create the net quickly: if possible, be able to create (better if with a pair of clicks) on the final unconnected part of any wire the same icon (the arrow on the end) now created by adding a component terminal to a net.
8) using Schematic and PCB in "realtime-married-mode" (sorry for the definition...) with Schematic in a monitor and PCB in other monitor, so the actions in a program will be reflected in realtime on the other program (this could be another touch of professional to your wonderful program), and in this way:
a) a component/track higlited in PCB will be highlited in Schematic too, and vice versa;
b) a component/track modified/deleted in PCB will be modified in Schematic too, and vice versa.
If some of these features are already available in the current version, please forgive me because i could not found them...
Thank you for this marvellous program, and keep up this good work!
p.s. forgive me for my bad english