|hierarch generated refdef numbering to match block numbering
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||jstkatz [ 10 Sep 2017, 18:34 ]|
|Post subject:||hierarch generated refdef numbering to match block numbering|
I like to know if there is a way to control the refdefs that are generated with the placement of hierarchy blocks. For some reason the default block suffix numbers of the blocks don't match their block numbers, I can't find a way to control that generation or renumber them in a reasonable way
It seems like when I have pin 1 of a connector going to a hierarchy connector of block 1 I should be able to have that pin connecting to R_1 instead of R_3 or whatever suffix number ends up getting picked for Block1
Is there some additional internal numbering that is attached to the blocks at the schematic level that is deciding this ordering or is it something to do with how the blocks are auto placed and then have refdefs generated
I've attached an example
|Author:||Tomg [ 11 Sep 2017, 06:53 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: hierarch generated refdef numbering to match block numbe|
"...I like to know if there is a way to control the refdefs that are generated with the placement of hierarchy blocks..."If you need to change the markings on the hierarchy blocks...
1) In main schematic, right-click on one of the hierarchy blocks (not its pins) and choose Properties... in the pop-up menu.
2) In the Component Properties dialog window click on the [Main] tab and enter the desired reference designator in the RefDes: box.
3) Click on the [Markings] tab.
4) If you want to have both the reference designator and the name visible, in the Additional Marking section select RefDes in its Show: drop-down list and choose OK.
5) If you want only the reference designator visible, in the Main Marking section select RefDes in its Show: drop-down list, in the Additional Marking section select None in its Show: drop-down list and choose OK.
6) If needed, re-arrange/move the hierarchical block markings in the main schematic.
"...when I have pin 1 of a connector going to a hierarchy connector of block 1 I should be able to have that pin connecting to R_1 instead of R_3 or whatever suffix number ends up getting picked for Block1..."If you are talking about pin numbers it looks like the hierarchy block's pin number that shows up in the main schematic is actually the hierarchy connector's reference designator, which apparently can't be changed. Perhaps a way around this would be to hide the hierarchy connector's pin number in the main schematic, rename the hierarchy connector in the hierarchical schematic with a substitute pin number of sorts (e.g. "1") and move the hierarchy connector's new pin name in the main schematic to the usual pin number location.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group