Post subject: Bottom Silk Mirror Image but ok in 3D view???
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 05:55 

Hi All

I am in the final stages of doing a PCB layout. I love doing this sort of work and I find Diptrace to be a great product.

I don't know if I have found a bug or if I am not understanding the software correctly. I have a double sided board. Initially I had all of the components on one side (basically they all fit on the one side so I found it less complicated to do this) and the bottom layer was only for vias and traces. I then had to add another component and things were too much of a squeeze on the top layer to add these components, so, I added them to my schematic, updated them to the PCB layout and then "pushed" them to the bottom layer.

This was all good and I manually routed them into the design. The only issue I have is that when I view the bottom layer, the bottom silk is mirror imaged but if I then do a 3D view of the same components the silk on the bottom layer is correct. Is this right? I mean, I don't really want to send off the design for manufacture if the bottom silk ends up reversed, but, the 3D looks right. Please refer to my screenshots to see what I mean.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Bottom Silk Mirror Image but ok in 3D view???
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 06:35 
Expert

Yes, this is correct. Think of it as looking down through the PCB from the Top side with X-ray vision. If you are working on only the Bottom side in the Design Area and would like to view it in its actual form, select View > Mirror. Be aware that, once Mirror is enabled, everything will be flipped around and there will be no annunciators warning you about the current viewing state.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 07:16 

Hello Tom

Thanks for the very fast reply. I appreciate the clarification.

So if I was working on the bottom layer, and I mirror the view, what would be the issue? Is it only that I must remember to convert back if I was to then work on the top side again??? Or is it best that I simply don't mirror the view as it complicates the process?

Regards,

Brad

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 07:48 
Expert

darb wrote:
"...So if I was working on the bottom layer, and I mirror the view, what would be the issue?..."
No issues at all.

darb wrote:
"...Is it only that I must remember to convert back if I was to then work on the top side again???..."
Yes, unless you like looking at the Top side flipped around.

darb wrote:
"...Or is it best that I simply don't mirror the view as it complicates the process?..."
That's a matter of personal preference and how good your memory is.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 03:07 

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the answers.