Silkscreen around 0805 Resistor

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
smhhadima

Silkscreen around 0805 Resistor

#1 Post by smhhadima » 02 May 2017, 01:09

I am new to Diptrace
Why there is no Silkscreen around the 0805 resistor/caps? (like the picture showing)
Also the keepout not there??
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (19.1 KiB) Viewed 131 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: Silkscreen around 0805 Resistor

#2 Post by Tomg » 02 May 2017, 05:57

smhhadima wrote:"...Why there is no Silkscreen around the 0805 resistor/caps?..."
The 0805 pattern starts to get close to "no silkscreen outline necessary" territory. If you don't like the standard DipTrace libraries you can always make your own custom pattern libraries. In my custom generic library the smallest SMD footprint with any kind of silkscreen drawing is the 0603, which is really stretching the limits of practicality with a couple of tiny dots between pads.
smhhadima wrote:"...Also the keepout not there??..."
Are you asking about Route Keepout or Place Keepout? Route Keepouts can be added in the Pattern Editor to your custom libraries and in the PCB Layout editor to your boards. As far as I know the Place Keepout is only available in the PCB Layout editor to define board-specific component keepout areas. Setting up the Design Rules and activating the [X]Enable Real-time DRC option will help you avoid component collisions during the placement process.
Attachments
SMD.gif
SMD.gif (9.37 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Tom