Post subject: Edit Differential Pair Vias
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 09:12 

I have placed a differential pair that goes from one side of the PCB to the other. I want to drag the through vias to move them so they don't conflict with pads but 1 pair seems to have a kind of rotation effect and the other pair refuses to move. If I try 'edit single trace' under the high speed tools it lets me drag a via but, as soon as I let go, it springs back to match its sister via. It seems that maybe there should be a way to move the vias as a pair?

[EDIT] I've managed to move some vias using free editing of single trace but some of my via pairs are still seemingly linked together and I can't get them to move individually. One of the reasons I nee to do this is so I can make these vias into vias-in-pad for my BGA devices.

I've added a picture that shows another issue which relates to a USB Type C connector. The signals at the very center are used for USB 2.0 and are duplicated in a 'X' formation and I'm following advice on the layout from a TI article but adding a via seems impossible right now. I realize that what I'm asking is free editing/adding a trace to a Diff Pair but via in pad and USB Type C are VERY common requirements.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the above would be appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.