Post subject: Combining points in copper pours
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2017, 10:33 

Hello,

I'm working on a board with a large ground signal copper that surrounds the PCB, and snakes around between components in the center, maybe similar to a sideways figure 8.

At first I started by making small copper pours, attached to the net which is the ground signal, and overlapping them, to get it to look the way I want. I was worried that this might create issues with the gerber files, so I revised the pour into one large one, adding points to extend the pour, all while still connected to the appropriate net.

The issue I'm having is now that ground pour has snaked around both the outer sides of the board, and down the middle, all of the separate 'fingers' of the copper pour have met each other, but are not able to overlap, and I haven't been able to figure out how to join the points - deleting certain points only works as expected - changing the vector lines.

Is this possible, or is there a work around? I am able to but one finger to the next, but it isn't exactly right. Maybe it is possible to just layer several copper pour objects, connected to the same net, over top of each other?

Many thanks for any insights!