Post subject: 3D Preview not visible
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 10:21 

Hi, I have just finished laying out a board (no tracks yet) and when I look at the 3D preview, the 3D window is blank. When I drag the mouse the X, Y and Z indicators rotate, so it has not hung. In the Pattern editor, all components have a 3D model.

Can anyone think of a reason why the display is blank?

Post subject: Re: 3D Preview not visible
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 09:02 
Technical Support

Please verify the design has got board outline. 3D preview scales preview area to board size, it can't do it if board outline is not available. Also try to change graphics mode (View->Graphics Mode from main menu) and retry 3D preview.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2016, 09:51 

Just check with your "Elements to show in 3D” is not filtering out all element types (View/ Elements in 3D View/ Filter Elements in 3D)
or Try deleting library cache (locate and delete ArchiCADGdlBinCode.dat).

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 08:38 

I had a similar problem which I finally solved so I hope this helps someone. The 3D view for my PCB was just a grey background with a single component - an LED; the other components and PCB itself were missing. Solution was Tools -> 3D Preview -> Patterns and Models Search -> Search 3D Models. Find the LED component, click Edit. Then if you rotate the component you can see that it has not loaded properly because the silk screen outline and PCB contacts are missing, click Load Model to correct this. After this the PCB 3D view and IGES export worked perfectly.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 08:20 

sixbells wrote:
I had a similar problem which I finally solved so I hope this helps someone. The 3D view for my PCB was just a grey background with a single component - an LED; the other components and PCB itself were missing. Solution was Tools -> 3D Preview -> Patterns and Models Search -> Search 3D Models. Find the LED component, click Edit. Then if you rotate the component you can see that it has not loaded properly because the silk screen outline and PCB contacts are missing, click Load Model to correct this. After this the PCB 3D view and IGES export worked perfectly.

Thank you! You saved me from pulling out a lot of hair :)