Post subject: Assembly Layer Shapes in Pattern Editor
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 01:08 

I'm having some odd issues with the Pattern Editor when it comes to Shapes. I'm using DP for a hybrid circuit that requires Die (not packaged parts). I'm using the Pattern editor to draw VERY small devices. I use Lines to draw bondwires for example.

However, at certain times after I quit for the day and come back the next many of these bondwire Lines or even rectangles I draw to represent the die boundary come back with much larger "thickness". Meaning the "Line width" setting is set to 0.01 instead of what I originally build the pattern as at a Line Width of 0.001.

Is this a bug in the software? I'm finding I have to go back to many of my already created patterns to set them back to 0.01 Linewidths. Very time consuming.

Thanks

jom

Post subject: Re: Assembly Layer Shapes in Pattern Editor
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 15:36 
Technical Support

Pattern editor memorizes width of lines on assembly layers. At least, it is true if line width is 0.01 mm or 0.05 mm. We will test this for 0.001mm

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 20:41 

Thanks Alex.

Any results??

jom

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 13:46 
Technical Support

We can't reproduce the problem. Could you send pattern library to support at diptrace dot com. Maybe we will find something that could help us to reproduce the issue.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2015, 00:55 

I don't know if I can reproduce it either. Tonight I tried to do a "group into component" and the assembly lines got "fatter". This sort of emulates the issue I've had. The original lines are essentially ZERO width but once you try to put it into the pattern edit (in whatever way possible) the lines get thicker. This makes it useless as a pattern since the lines are thicker than the component itself sometimes (such as very small border caps).

jom