Exporting Pick and Place Data From A Panel

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
miltu

Exporting Pick and Place Data From A Panel

#1 Post by miltu » 30 Sep 2014, 23:50

Hello Everybody,

I have designed a board and panelized (5x5 panel) it using the 'Edit>Panelizing' option in Diptrace. I need to generate 'Pick and Place' data from it. But whenever I export Pick and Place, only the data of the single board is found. Pick and Place data of the whole panel is not generated. How can I generate Pick and Place data of the whole panel? Is it possible? Please help.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Exporting Pick and Place Data From A Panel

#2 Post by Alex » 06 Oct 2014, 02:11

DipTrace exports Pick and Place file for single board. It can't make Pick and Place file for whole panel. We will imporive this in future.

-- 06 Oct 2014, 16:21 --

Instead Edit->Panelizing you can copy/paste board few times. Also you will need to activate "Edit->Keep RefDes while pasting" option. Then pick and place export will create correct output file.

MDman

#3 Post by MDman » 26 Dec 2016, 14:08

Hi Alex,

Just wondering if this "feature"/bug has been added/fixed in v3 of diptrace?
It is quite difficult to line up a panel of pcb's manually.

Kind of makes sense to generate your panels using the panellise feature, with fiducials on the boarder of the panel.
One would think that the PnP export feature would export a whole panel as this is what panels are for are they not?
Pick and place is becoming much more affordable these days with many commercial desktop machines on the market for under $10k with the option even to build your own for as little as $1500.

Cheers

Serg
Technical Support

#4 Post by Serg » 27 Dec 2016, 01:51

MDman wrote:Hi Alex,

Just wondering if this "feature"/bug has been added/fixed in v3 of diptrace?
It is quite difficult to line up a panel of pcb's manually.

Kind of makes sense to generate your panels using the panellise feature, with fiducials on the boarder of the panel.
One would think that the PnP export feature would export a whole panel as this is what panels are for are they not?
Pick and place is becoming much more affordable these days with many commercial desktop machines on the market for under $10k with the option even to build your own for as little as $1500.

Cheers
Hello,

We understand importance of this feature, but now DipTrace 3.0.0.2 doesn't have one.

KevinA

#5 Post by KevinA » 28 Dec 2016, 18:32

Alex wrote:DipTrace exports Pick and Place file for single board. It can't make Pick and Place file for whole panel. We will imporive this in future.

-- 06 Oct 2014, 16:21 --

Instead Edit->Panelizing you can copy/paste board few times. Also you will need to activate "Edit->Keep RefDes while pasting" option. Then pick and place export will create correct output file.
2017 - Three years later, any change? This is a simple task.

Techno Tronix

#6 Post by Techno Tronix » 02 Jan 2017, 22:44

I think this is updated.

ixupi69

#7 Post by ixupi69 » 01 Aug 2018, 08:38

Is there any way to disable the pick and place panel export and just output a single board? We just updated the PNP computer's Diptrace from 2.4 to 3.2 and have to delete all the extra panel data now which can lead to errors.

KevinA

#8 Post by KevinA » 02 Aug 2018, 03:04

ixupi69 wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 08:38 Is there any way to disable the pick and place panel export and just output a single board? We just updated the PNP computer's Diptrace from 2.4 to 3.2 and have to delete all the extra panel data now which can lead to errors.
Open project, change the panel settings to 1 row and 1 column and generate your P&P, when your done exit without saving. My panel projects all have -P in the name and I keep the original updated.
The reason for the two projects? DipTrace can not properly produce a panelized PCB, there is no means to add holes or fuducials. To create curved route outs with mouse bites requires hours of creative tinkering. To edit the board outline of an externally produced shape (imported DXF) is impossible or so error prone as to be impossible, besides, who in 2018 makes users edit shape points?
Work in progress
Work in progress
boardout.JPG (130.77 KiB) Viewed 654 times