Post subject: ERC shows wrong part RefDes for multi-part components
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 13:03 

When I do a Electrical Rule Check in the Schematic editor, the result editor shows wrong RefDes descriptions for some components.
E.g. a header called "J1.2" is referenced to as "J12" (dot is missing). See appended screenshot: RTCX2 is J1.1:17 and not J11:17. This (dot is omitted) seems to occur for all components that consist of multiple parts.

And more thing: a lot of components use names like Vss (Vssa, Vssd ...) for ground pins. In the electrical rules setup, it is assumed though that power (supply) pins start with "V*". There doesn't seem to be a workaround to this, so the ERC is partly unusable without renaming all "Vss" pins to "GND".

As a side note: the result window should be scalable or at least contain a scroll pane so the error text is readable without the tooltip workaround.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: ERC shows wrong part RefDes for multi-part components
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 09:10 
Technical Support

1. Thank you for the report. I can see the issue with multi-part components.
2. Open ERC setup and change power pins for SC (short circuit). Specify pin name for power net. Default V* means all pins that start from V. Change it to actual pin name.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 14:09 

Alex wrote:
1. Thank you for the report. I can see the issue with multi-part components.
2. Open ERC setup and change power pins for SC (short circuit). Specify pin name for power net. Default V* means all pins that start from V. Change it to actual pin name.

Of course I can change V* to Vdd* which improves the situation. However this excludes Vcc again and so on. Also nets like "5V" or "3V3" would all have to renamed to make this work
-> It would be nice to have a bit more flexibility there.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013, 08:12 
Technical Support

Maybe possibility of entering exact names of power nets in ERC setup would be useful. We will consider this, thanks.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2015, 11:43 

I know this thread is two years old, but the ERC names are still a problem, if you allowed the power and ground names to be specified as a regex that should be simple to implement and solve everybodys problem?