Post subject: Positioning of net name
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2013, 13:55 

When I "display name" for a net, the displayed text seems to come up with a random position with respect to the grid. Is there some switch I haven't found that will cause it to be consistent? It's not a big deal, but the schematic looks nicer if the leading edge of the names down a long line of nets coming off a part all line up with their leading edge aligned. Yes, I can set a fine grid or turn the grid off and align them by hand, but it would be a lot nicer if their "handle" was always the same place, like at the lower left edge of the text or perhaps the middle of the left edge. (The fancy Mentor system I used to use would let me set both horizontal (left, center, right) and vertical (bottom, center, top) justification of any text on the schematic...probably don't need that, just would like it to be consistent.)

Or...maybe someone can tell me that there's already an easy way to get that to happen.

While I'm on the topic of displayed net names...it would be nice, when you move a segment with a displayed name, if the name moved with it, as it does with text associated with a component when you move the component. I realize it's a bit more complicated, because the length of the segment may also change, but still, having text left behind causes more work at a minimum, and the potential to have a stray name end up near some other net you place later if you failed to move it.

Post subject: Re: Positioning of net name
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 08:47 
Technical Support

These look like feature request. We will cosider both functions with our team.

Post subject: Re: Positioning of net name
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2013, 00:44 

I want to second this one as a feature request.

Having the ability to align the net names would be great. Another CAD system I often work with has several "align" features. For example; select several net names and then choose "align left justify", "align right justify" or "align centers". This make the schematics look really tidy and is appreciated by the customer.

Also, having the net name move when the net is repositioned would also be great. Makes for a lot less time if things need to be rearranged.