Post subject: Where is the power terminal?
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010, 17:38 

Hi - I just finished my first schematic with Diptrace - the only thing that's left to do is add connectors for the bipolar power supply. I already spent 1 hour looking for this thing in the libraries - no luck. I cannot find a simple jumper as well! From the examples in Schematic_3 there is an element with name J15 which is of type "Power", but I cannot seem to find this in any library. Am I doing smth. wrong or Diptrace is really missing something so basic?

Post subject: Re: Where is the power terminal?
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 04:35 
Technical Support

You can create component with two terminal in Component editor within one minute. However if you like component from Schematic_3, right click on it and select "Save to library". Then you will find the component in specified library.
Jumper is available in "Disc_Sch" library, but it has not attached pattern.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 05:53 

Thank you. All is clear now.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 16:13 

grep wrote:
Hi - I just finished my first schematic with Diptrace - the only thing that's left to do is add connectors for the bipolar power supply. I already spent 1 hour looking for this thing in the libraries - no luck. I cannot find a simple jumper as well! From the examples in Schematic_3 there is an element with name J15 which is of type "Power", but I cannot seem to find this in any library. Am I doing smth. wrong or Diptrace is really missing something so basic?

2-Pin SIP will work as a jumper, You can also add in headers, You insert a connection, for examble an 8 pin connector and attach a 2x4 .100 header which you can use for a 4 pair jumper. You can also use the SIP connectors for power, unless you need more than an amp or two power. I don't believe there are any built in .156 or 4mm power patterns in the Diptrace libraries. There are a bunch of 0.100 hdr and power jack connectors in the Diptrace "con_misc.lib" (pattern library), many of these don't have components, so you need to roll your own and then attach the pattern.