Post subject: Saving text within title blocks
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 01:05 

I have created a new custom title block, but I can't figure out how to save text within the title block. I see that the title blocks provided with DipTrace - ANSI (BR) for example - have text saved within some of the boxes. How is that done?

I don't mean text that is entered after the title block is on the schematic; I mead text that is saved within the title block so that it always appears on new schematics which use that title block.

Post subject: Re: Saving text within title blocks
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 08:18 
Technical Support

It is not possible to save logo and text in title block, but you can create a blank schematic with already inserted title block with all necessary info. Every time when you start a new project open this blank schematic, rename it and continue designing a schematic.

PostPosted: 22 May 2015, 10:26 

Thankyou for posting, this saved me a ton of time!

PostPosted: 23 May 2015, 10:23 
Expert

This was a very old thread and I don't know what version Alex was talking about, but you can definitely save text in a title block (Ver 2.3.1.0).

1. Click on 'File', 'Titles and Sheet Setup, 'Border and Size" tab, 'Title Block Editor'
2. Select a Title Block in the list of Title Blocks that you want to edit.

The Title Block fields will appear in the editor. Any field that is blue already contains text. White fields have no text.

3. Double click (left button) in any field that you want to edit.
4. Enter your text and click ok.
5. Click Save and Close
6. Close the Title Block Editor

Your changes have been saved but you will not see them until you reopen the actual Title Block on your schematic.

7. Select 'File', 'Titles and Sheet Setup', 'Title Blocks' tab
8. Select one of the dropdown boxes (the location that you want to see your title block appear on the schematic)
9. Select the name of the title block that you edited with your text. It will appear on the schematic with your changes.
10. Save your schematic

Each time you start the schematic editor from here on, it will automatically load this title block (until you change it to something else)

jeff