ExpressPCB SCH to Diptrace.

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
dispensamatic

ExpressPCB SCH to Diptrace.

#1 Post by dispensamatic » 24 Sep 2010, 02:18

Is there any way to convert my express PCB SCH files into diptrace? I have no problem getting gerber files from express PCB for the PCB layout, but it is really the SCH files i am interested in, as they are the true design, not the PCB. I have 5 scpecific files needing conversion.
Last edited by dispensamatic on 24 Sep 2010, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Re: ExpressPCB SCH to Diptrace.

#2 Post by novarm44 » 24 Sep 2010, 07:17

I'm not sure if it is possible to convert that. DipTrace can import Schematics from P-CAD ASCII and Eagle (PADS is already done and will be added in the next version). If Express PCB can export one of those formats, then you can import it into DipTrace. I suppose ExpressPCB has binary format and it is not public and without export capabilities as the software is related to board house, however I may be wrong.

dispensamatic

#3 Post by dispensamatic » 24 Sep 2010, 12:31

That is very aggrivating, you do not realize when you use the boardhouse programs your schematics are locked into thier software with no way out. Thanks for the reply, i sent them a message on this as well. I told them i still plan on using thier service, i just want a better program for design.

glenlivet

#4 Post by glenlivet » 20 Oct 2010, 02:59

"That is very aggrivating, you do not realize when you use the boardhouse programs your schematics are locked into thier software with no way out."

Exactly!!! Thats why the software is FREE.
Remembet the old saying, "There ain't no free lunch."