Post subject: BOM
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 17:50 

The bill of materials is inaccurate when using hiearchy. Only one part shows up on BOM when there are 4 instances of the part in the hierarchy.

Post subject: Re: BOM
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 05:24 
Technical Support

It should work correctly. What version do you use? Can you send a file with the problem to support at diptrace.com?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:27 

Version 2.1.0.7
I will try.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 14:38 

I'm a bit frustrated with the BOM function. I don't know if it's just not very user friendly, or if I just don't know how to use it. As an example, I use the standard 0805 resistor component provided in the descrete smd library and place it multiple times with multiple resistance values. The BOM groups the resistors with common values together just fine, but I need to add a manufacturer and part number. If I do this in DipTrace Schematic capture, I have to edit each and every instance of the resistor in the schematic. If I export the BOM first and then edit it in Excel, the information is not contained in the schematic file and I have to manage a seperate BOM. Alternately I could create libraries of components with part numbers, but then I would have to create many very large librarys to include each resistor value for each resistor vendor. If I'm making this difficult, let me know if there's a simpler way. What I think I would like to see is the ability to export the bom to a csv file (already there). then be able to edit the BOM, adding vendors and part numbers, etc. once for each componet type. And, then be able to read the edited csv back into DipTrace and update all of the components with the edited information. The system that reads the information back into DipTrace could have the ability to prompt the user before changing a field in the schematic, or just rewrite everything. Kind of a entry by entry accept changes prompt with a select all option. An option to back annotate this information into a specific part library or the components original library would be very useful also. Is there an easier way, or should I enter this in the desired function forum?

Post subject: BOM issues when using multiple copies of same hierarchy bloc
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2016, 17:51 

I saw this post from 5 years ago searching.

Having the same issue - I have multiple copies of a hierarchy block, but the BOM only shows QTY 1 and doesn't show the unique Ref. Des. of the copies of the block.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? First time I am using the hierarchy functionality within DipTrace.

Cheers,
Mike

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 15:52 
Expert

This quick example tests my comprehension limits of the DipTrace BOM tool. Do you need a specific quantity or RefDes to be displayed in an alternate fashion?...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 13:16 

Hi Tom,

The graphic you posted answers my question of how to setup my BOM export. I need it just like that. Haven't tried it yet, but it makes sense.

Where did that diagram come from?

Thank You!
Mike

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 13:31 
Expert

mikez wrote:
"...Where did that diagram come from?..."
I created an example schematic, then combined several screenshots and added arrows and text using Photoshop.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2016, 13:50 

thanks Tom :-)